Last updated: September 21st, 2023
Please review the following policies that are important for our students, parents and our teacher network to provide the optimal Hoot Reading experience.
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT
- To ensure an optimal learning experience, we expect respect and fairness from all parties – our students, our teacher community, our parents and our staff. A relationship between all parties of mutual respect, collegiality, fairness, and trust is essential. If you have a concern, please do not hesitate to bring it to the attention of our team.
- The teacher and student relationship is very important. While parents can be there to help, we ask parents to allow their teachers to work directly with the student and that they act only as an observer during the lessons.
- Students should dress as they would in person. At-home attire can be more casual, please ensure that your child understands the importance of wearing proper attire (both a top and bottom or if a dress or skirt, it should be long enough to cover themselves).
- If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please contact our team.
- Scheduled lessons will be confirmed via email and/or through the Hoot Reading App. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com to your safe list to avoid schedule notifications ending up in your “junk” folder.
- Please review our calendar for the days Hoot Reading is closed for lessons.
- Your teacher will join your lesson through the Hoot Reading App at the scheduled lesson time. Please have your device charged and ready five minutes before your lesson time.
- Please join your lesson on time. Lessons will not run longer than the scheduled 20 minutes and your teacher needs that full lesson time to work with your child.
- If your teacher cannot reach you, you will be called and texted at the phone number you provided. If your teacher cannot reach you after five minutes from your scheduled lesson time, this will be considered an absence and cannot be rescheduled.
- If for any reason you are having trouble joining your lessons, contact our Customer Experience Team at 1-833-789-HOOT(4668) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We understand things come up, so if you do need to reschedule, please email email@example.com with the subject “Need to Reschedule” at least 24 hours in advance and we will provide you with open availability to select from.
- All schedule requests MUST be made and confirmed by the Hoot Reading team. Please do not contact your teacher directly to reschedule or change your schedule. We will work with the teachers and their availability to best match all students.
- Please note, lessons do not roll over and rescheduling is optional. You must reschedule your missed lesson before your next billing period.
- If your teacher is unable to join your lesson due to a technical disruption, or your lesson is cancelled, you may be eligible for a refund in the form of a credit on your account. This credit will be applied to your next billing period. Please note that the availability of refunds is subject to our discretion and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. We may also assist in rescheduling the lesson if deemed appropriate.
- Teacher requests can be made, but are not guaranteed. From time to time, teacher schedules change and Hoot Reading will provide a substitute when required and a new teacher that matches your schedule request.
- A schedule change involves a request to change the dates and/or times of your weekly scheduled lessons. All Monthly and Annual Memberships include up to 6 schedule changes per year. Schedule change requests must be provided with a minimum of 7 days notice.
- If you have any questions about a schedule change request, contact our Customer Experience Team at 1-833-789-HOOT(4668) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may cancel your Membership subscription at any time with a minimum of 7 days notice.
- Monthly and On Demand Memberships are a subscription program billed every two or four weeks, depending on the program. If you cancel your Monthly Membership, you will be refunded the remaining lessons in your billing period after the 7 day notice period and your recurring billing will be stopped.
- Annual Memberships are a subscription program billed every two or four weeks, depending on the program, with a commitment of 13 or 26 billing periods (12 months). Annual Memberships may be cancelled at any time with a penalty fee of $100 for cancelling before the agreed Membership end date. Notice of cancellation for the end date of the 12 months can be provided at anytime with a minimum of 7 days notice before the renewal date.
- Hoot Reading has the right to cancel services if policies are not adhered to as per our Terms.
- To cancel your Membership, please email email@example.com.
MEMBERSHIP PAUSING POLICY
- You may pause your Membership at any time with a minimum of 7 days notice for as short as one week or as long as 6 months. Pausing requires an indicated date of return for your Membership subscription and lesson schedule to resume.
- To pause your Membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hoot Reading is a subscription based service. You will be billed every two or four weeks, depending on your program. Monthly and Annual Membership billing will begin on the day of your first scheduled lesson. On Demand Membership billing will begin on the day credits are provided.
- Discounts, including that for subscribing to an Annual Membership, cannot be combined with any other discount.
- If your regularly scheduled lessons fall on a day Hoot Reading is closed, you will be provided a link with open availability to rebook your lesson. Please note, lessons do not roll over and rescheduling is optional. You must reschedule your missed lesson before your next billing period.
- When you register for a Membership, you will be asked to provide your billing information, including your billing address and credit card details. Your payment details are provided directly to our third-party payment processor. Hoot Reading only stores the last four digits and expiration date of your credit card for reference when communicating with you and for reminders of when payment details must be updated.
- If you need to change your credit card, please contact one of our team members. If your credit card fails, your lessons will be cancelled until a new card is provided.
- If you have any payment related questions please email email@example.com.