Growth | Marketing & Communications Manager
Position: Marketing & Communications Manager, Full-time
Location: Flexible (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada) | Work from Home
Reports to: Director of B2B Marketing & Impact
Hoot Reading is one of Canada’s fastest-growing ed-tech startups! We connect emerging readers and experienced teachers to develop their reading skills over our proprietary video chat App. We are expanding our team and are looking for an experienced communications professional to join our growth team. This is an excellent opportunity to make a tangible contribution within an entrepreneurial tech company that improves literacy and equitable access to education programs for all kids.
Working closely with the marketing and sales team, the B2B Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for deploying content-based campaigns and events. They will implement a marketing plan that drives demand generation for in-school and at-home literacy programs. This role is a fit for someone who is an excellent communicator, highly organized, can work within multiple deadlines, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and isn’t afraid of learning on the fly!
- Would like to be on the ground floor of a growing business with great opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Can be a problem solver and organized self-starter in an entrepreneurial environment
- Is passionate about advancing literacy for all children
- Organize projects and prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Create and edit engaging communications such as social media content, website copy, webinar scripts, and infographics
- Manage Hoot Reading’s social media and online marketing channels
- Manages strategic content plan and develops clear marketing materials that leverage research and storytelling
- Support the tracking and reporting of impact of campaigns on sales metrics
- Coordinate with partners to deliver high-quality, evidence-based content
- Use marketing tactics to grow network engagement with educators and key target audiences
- Engage audiences through networking, public speaking and presentations such as webinars
- Support the sales team in third-party events such as education conferences
- Assists in preparing award submissions, conference profiles, webinars and presentations, RFP submissions, and other content-based marketing opportunities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Self-starter with a flexible mindset and experience in start-up or fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of creating content that raises brand awareness and drives demand generation
- Great listening, verbal, and written communication skills (both technical and creative)
- A team player who can work with internal teams and third-party agencies
- A problem solver who can work independently and manage others
- Willing to travel to support regional activations as needed
- University degree in education, communications, or a related field.
- Experience with B2B marketing and demonstrated skills in lead generation (preferred)
- Previous experience teaching reading in a school setting or in edTech(preferred)
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a resume and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join our team to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoot Reading strives to build an inclusive environment where all team members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. As part of this commitment, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented and excluded groups. If you require an accommodation during the selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.