Hoot Reading Event Instagram & Facebook Giveaway Official Rules
Sponsored by Hoot Reading (“Sponsors”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN.
Promotion/Contest Name (the “Sweepstakes”): Hoot Reading Event Instagram & Facebook Giveaway
Entry deadline is October 11, 2019 at 11:59 PM CT.
Comment on @hellohootreading or @hootreading post of the prize (on Instagram or Facebook) between Sept. 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM CT and Oct. 11 at 11:59 PM CT (“Entry Period”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the social media account governing the social media account was opened. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All entries must be received by Oct. 11 at 11:59 PM CT. All information provided by entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. Winners will be notified by Instagram/Facebook comment/tag/message.
There is no limit on the number of online entries per entrant during the entry period.
Prizes and Odds: The ten (10) prizes to be awarded from the promotion/contest are as follows:
Ten (10) tickets to the Hoot Reading event Raising Readers in a Digital Age: Turning the Page on Literacy in Canada on October 30, 2019.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada, age 18 or older, who are current, certified teachers as of Sept. 23, 2019.
Employees of Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the promotion/contest. Participation in the promotion/contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
3. Prize Drawing: All promotion/contest name entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on Oct.15, 2019 at the Hoot Reading offices 200 – 1460 Chevrier Blvd, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 1Y6. The drawing will be conducted by independent judges whose decisions are final and binding. The winners will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes that apply to prizes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by tag/message on Instagram/Facebook within five (5) business days of the prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit/NDA of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the social account specified in the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned (who’s name the account is under) to the particular social media account entered in the contest. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
7. General Rules: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The promotion/contest is offered by Sponsor, Hoot Reading 200 – 1460 Chevrier Blvd, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 1Y6, which is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating and winning a prize, Winner releases Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the promotion/contest or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the promotion/contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Hoot Reading Event Instagram & Facebook Giveaway; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the promotion/contest. Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the promotion/contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the promotion/contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the promotion/contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, provincial and local regulations apply.
8. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting any prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
9. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and contest name specified in the body of the e-mail.
10. Sponsor’s Address: Sponsor is Hoot Reading 200 – 1460 Chevrier Blvd, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 1Y6.
Copyright © 2019 Hoot Reading Inc.