Position: Full Stack Engineer – Winnipeg/Remote (within Canada)
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Work from Home
Hoot Reading is one of Canada’s fastest growing EdTech startups! We connect emerging readers and real teachers to practice reading over our proprietary video chat experience. We are rapidly growing and are looking for highly motivated engineers to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity to make a tangible contribution within an entrepreneurial tech company that is disrupting the traditional tutoring industry.
Working with the engineering team, you will help to build and maintain a world class product that leverages leading-edge technologies in an environment that encourages ideas and innovation.
OUR TECH STACK:
- React, NestJS, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS (Fargate, Lambda, S3, Elasticache, Aurora, SQS/SNS), Cloudformation Templates (Infrastructure as Code), Git, Bitbucket Pipelines
WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE
- Building a world class front-end experience leveraging React for our students, teachers, and employees
- Building a scalable, reliable, microservice back-end in NestJS that will support Hoot’s rapid growth
- Deploying and maintaining our AWS cloud infrastructure and networking using infrastructure as code
- Developing integrations with 3rd party services such as Twilio, Acuity Scheduling, etc.
- No two days are the same – you might be working in react to develop a new front-end feature for students to interact with teachers one day and be spinning up new environments and infrastructure using Cloudformation templates the next
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience building scalable web applications
- We are open to all levels of experience assuming the candidate is the right fit
- Experience in React and Nestjs or similar frameworks
- Experience building scalable REST API’s in a microservice architecture
- Familiar with AWS cloud infrastructure and infrastructure as code
- A self-starter and problem solver, comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment, with continuous delivery, deployment and integration
- Familiar with CI/CD building pipelines using Bitbucket pipelines or a similar tool (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, etc.)
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with continuous delivery, deployment and integration
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK ON THE ENGINEERING TEAM AT HOOT:
- We are a casual and fun culture of highly-motivated individuals aligned on our mission to bring innovation to the world of tutoring through technology
- We keep meetings and other distractions to a minimum and focus on what we love doing – building!
- Slack instead of emails
- All ideas and opinions are heard. We believe in the disagree and commit philosophy
- Remote-friendly work environment
Interested candidates, please send your resume with a brief answer to why you’d like to work at Hoot Reading to email@example.com