Have a question about hoot?
What is Hoot?
How is Hoot different than other learning services?
- We are online!
- All you need is wifi and an iPad to use Hoot. No commuting neccesary.
- We keep it short
- We only require 20 minutes from your child, which is the ideal time to keep focus and read out loud.
- Our instructors are experienced teachers
- All of our instructors are hand selected and are teachers just like you would have in your child’s classroom.
How does Hoot work?
Why should my child read out loud every day?
Research shows that reading out loud with an adult who can correct in real-time builds fluency and comprehension. Many parents are surprised to learn that by Grade 4, 65% of children are reading below grade level. This is a critical time as schools make the shift from “learning to read” to “reading to learn”. The most proven way to stay out of that 65% is through daily practice!
What reading level does my child need to be?
My child is an advanced reader. Why do I need Hoot?
Do I always get the same teacher?
What if we cannot make a lesson?
Are there contracts? What if I want to cancel?
How much does it cost?
- STARTER: Our two lesson per week package is $160/month.
- SUPER: Our three lesson per week package is $216/month.
- BOOTCAMP: Daily lessons, 5 days in a row (Monday to Friday) is $100/bootcamp.
- FLEX 10: 10 class passes to use at your convenience is $220.
- FLEX 20: 20 class passes to use at your convenience is $400.
How do you select your teachers?
What background do your teachers have?
- Bachelor degree in Education or equivalent
- Minimum one year classroom experience
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for reading and working with young children
Still didn’t answer your question?
Complete the form and we will contact you shortly to discuss your child’s reading goals and book your first free lesson.