Growth | Vice President, Revenue (VP Partnerships)
Position: Vice President, Revenue
Location: Remote Within North America (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Reports to: Co-CEO
Hoot Reading is the leading online tutoring service providing 1:1, evidence-based literacy instruction with qualified teachers, at scale. Incubated on a research project at the Nokia Research Lab with Sesame Workshop (the creators of Sesame Street) and the Joan Ganz Cooney Center, Hoot Reading partners with school districts across North America to change children’s lives through literacy.
As VP of Revenue, you'll lead our growth strategy, manage a sales team and build strong relationships within the K-12 education sector. Your proven record in K-12 sales will be key. You will play a key role as an executive leader, reporting directly to the Co-founders.
This Job Is Perfect for Someone Who Has:
- Startup Enthusiasm: Thrives in a dynamic startup environment, eager to contribute significantly to our growth journey.
- Education Sector Expertise: Deep understanding of K-12 education, connecting effectively with school districts.
- Strong Leadership: Excels at inspiring teams and fostering collaboration in goal-driven environments.
- Proven Sales Cycle Management: Adept at navigating complex K-12 district-level sales cycles, from initial contact to closure. Communicates our value proposition compellingly to diverse stakeholders.
- Passion for Education: Committed to personalized learning and educational advancement.
- Develop and execute a sales growth strategy aligned with our mission and objectives
- Lead and manage the sales team, achieving targets
- Analyze market trends and collaborate with marketing for differentiation
- Drive the end-to-end K-12 sales process
- Utilize data insights to refine strategies
- Represent the company at industry events
- Report to the executive team on performance, pipeline, and revenue forecasts
Working at Hoot:
- Enjoy a casual and fun work culture with highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to changing children's lives through literacy
- Take ownership of challenges and see them through to completion, with guidance and support provided for your success
- We value diverse perspectives and encourage open discussions where all ideas and opinions are heard
- Utilize Slack for internal communication instead of relying on emails
- Benefit from a flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- Prioritize work-life balance, ensuring a healthy and supportive environment for all employees
- Access to competitive company benefits (available for full-time Canadian employees, including health and dental coverage, as well as long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D coverage)
How to Apply:
Apply now to be a driving force behind our company's growth as the Vice President, Revenue by sending a resume and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Hoot Reading, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members feel valued, respected, and supported. We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. As part of this commitment, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented and excluded groups. If you require accommodations during the selection process, please let us know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.