Operations | Teacher Success Coordinator
Position: Teacher Success Coordinator | Full Time
Location: Remote Within Canada | (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada)
Reports to: Teacher Success Manager
Hoot Reading is one of Canada’s fastest growing EdTech startups! We connect emerging readers and real teachers to practice reading over our proprietary video chat experience. We are rapidly growing and are looking for a Teacher Success Coordinator to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity to make a tangible contribution within an entrepreneurial tech company that is disrupting the traditional tutoring industry.
Working directly with the Live Operations Team, the Teacher Success Coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact for newly onboarded and active teachers on the Hoot Reading Network. This role will be responsible for supporting the Hoot Reading Teacher Network through communication, technical support, and scheduling to ensure teacher success and retention. This role is a fit for someone who is highly organized, can work within multiple deadlines in multiple different areas, thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, and isn’t afraid of learning on the fly!
- Contribute to the growth of one of Winnipeg’s fastest growing startups
- Support teachers with managing schedules, timelines, tasks, and communication
- Complete various reports related to day to day operations
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with teachers over email, text and phone
- Work closely with the operations and sales team in an environment of collaborative problem solving and teamwork
- Execute best practices in service industry operations, focusing on providing value to users
- Be on the ground floor of a growing business with lots of potential for personal and professional growth
- Be part of something awesome and meaningful!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing and prioritizing tasks in a fast paced environment
- Extremely organized, very organized, and did we mention you must be organized?
- Experience working in the education or child-care industry is an asset
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving
- We are a casual and fun culture of highly-motivated individuals aligned on our mission to change children’s lives through literacy
- We provide opportunities for you to take ownership of a challenge and see it through to completion, with the guidance and support you need to be successful
- All ideas and opinions are heard. We believe in the disagree and commit philosophy
- We utilize Slack for internal communication instead of emails
- We offer a flexible and remote-friendly work environment (within Canada)
- We value work-life balance
HOW TO APPLY:
Hoot Reading strives to build an inclusive environment where all team members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. As part of this commitment, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented and excluded groups. If you require an accommodation during the selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.