Growth | Sales Development Representative
Position: Sales Development Representative | Part-time (20 hours/week)
Location: Remote Within Canada | (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada)
Reports to: Director, Marketing and Social Impact
Salary: $17-$20 per hour plus incentive pay
Hoot Reading is one of Canada’s fastest growing EdTech startups! We are the leading online tutoring service providing 1:1, evidence-based literacy instruction with qualified teachers. We are rapidly growing and are looking for a Sales Development Representative to support our growth team. This is an amazing opportunity to make a tangible contribution and begin your career within an entrepreneurial tech company that is disrupting the traditional tutoring industry.
Working directly with the Growth team, the Sales Development Representative will help generate new business opportunities by following a proven strategy for prospecting school districts in the United States and Canada. You will learn how to connect with administrators, complete lead generation outreach, and generate new business opportunities.
- Complete creative prospecting campaigns including writing emails and completing outbound calls daily
- Support the growth team in developing new sales leads
- Track lead outreach through Hoot Reading’s CRM
- Gather lead generation information and create lists based on target markets
- Meet or exceed established weekly, monthly, and annual lead generation targets
- A self-starter who wants to grow into a sales leadership role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a necessity
- Outgoing and energetic personality who is not afraid to fail forward
- A team player who can work independently and is committed to exceeding sales objectives
- Comfortable using CRM platforms such as ZenDesk and HubSpot
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, international student, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- College or University Degree in Marketing, Sales, or Education preferred
- Candidate must have access to their own laptop and smartphone
- Experience in sales, education or the education technology field is a bonus
- We are a casual and fun culture of highly-motivated individuals aligned on our mission to change children’s lives through literacy
- We provide opportunities for you to take ownership of a challenge and see it through to completion, with the guidance and support you need to be successful
- All ideas and opinions are heard. We believe in the disagree and commit philosophy
- We utilize Slack for internal communication instead of emails
- We offer a flexible and remote-friendly work environment (within Canada)
- We value work-life balance
- Flexible hours. Hours between 9am-5pm EST preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Hoot Reading strives to build an inclusive environment where all team members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. As part of this commitment, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented and excluded groups. If you require an accommodation during the selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.