Growth - Marketing | Proposal Coordinator, Full-Time
Position: Proposal Coordinator
Location: Remote Within Canada (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Hoot Reading is the leading online tutoring service providing 1:1, evidence-based literacy instruction with qualified teachers, at scale. Incubated on a research project at the Nokia Research Lab with Sesame Workshop (the creators of Sesame Street) and the Joan Ganz Cooney Center, Hoot Reading partners with school districts across North America to change children’s lives through literacy. Visit www.hootreading.com to learn more.
As the Proposal Coordinator, you will work alongside other members of our Growth team to contribute to business development and expansion. You will be responsible for organizing the submission of our RFPs, including collaborating with cross-functional teams and writing persuasive responses that showcase our brand's capabilities in the online tutoring space. The successful candidate will also research, evaluate, and apply for various awards and grants and assist with copywriting and editing for pieces of content and collateral. We are looking for a creative self-starter who thrives in a space of storytelling, growth, and change.
What's on your plate:
• Research and identify relevant awards and grants.
• Analyze RFP best practices to enrich our existing database and processes.
• Coordinate submissions for awards, grants, and RFPs, including reviewing documentation, securing signatures and assistance from necessary team members, organizing relevant information, and crafting persuasive responses for each application.
• Review and edit all proposals for accuracy and branding consistency.
• Maintain an organized application calendar, adhering to tight deadlines.
• Develop clear, concise, and effective copy for various projects and brand assets, including (but not limited to) the website, social media channels, email campaigns, landing pages, brand collateral and sales sheets, press releases, presentations, etc.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Post-secondary degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
• 2+ years of work experience, ideally securing non-profit, government, or corporate grants and proposals.
• Excellent technical writing and editing skills, with the ability to create compelling copy and proposals.
• Strong project management and communication skills.
• Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously with extreme attention to detail.
• Able to be efficient, meet tight deadlines, and adapt to changes.
• Proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
• Independently motivated in a remote work environment.
• Knowledge of the education industry, specifically ed tech, is considered an asset.
What It's Like to Work at Hoot:
• We are a casual and fun culture of highly motivated individuals, aligned with our mission to change children's lives through literacy.
• We provide opportunities for you to take ownership of a challenge and see it through to completion with the guidance and support you need to be successful.
• All ideas and opinions are heard. We believe in the disagree and commit philosophy.
• We utilize Slack for internal communication instead of emails.
• We offer a flexible and remote-friendly work environment (within Canada).
• We value work-life balance.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, two writing samples (approx. 500 words each), and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join our team to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoot Reading strives to build an inclusive environment where all team members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. As part of this commitment, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented and excluded groups. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the selection process, and we will work with you to meet your needs.