Operations | Lesson Coordinator
Position: Lesson Coordinator | Part Time (10-15 hrs/week)
Location: Remote Within Canada | (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada)
Reports to: Operations Manager, Lesson Success Team Lead
Hoot Reading is Winnipeg’s hottest edTech startup! We connect emerging readers and real teachers to practice reading over our proprietary video chat App. We are expanding and are looking for a highly organized individual to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to make a tangible contribution within an entrepreneurial tech company that is disrupting the traditional tutoring industry.
Working directly with the Operations Team, the Lesson Coordinator will assist in executing functions related to our day-to-day business operations and managing our growing client base. They will play a critical role in supporting the day-to-day operations of the business such as client communications, managing schedules, and user retention through monitoring the HelpDesk. This role is a fit for someone who is highly organized, can work within multiple deadlines in multiple different areas, thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, and isn’t afraid of learning on the fly!
- Support parents with managing schedules, timelines, and teacher communication
- Support teachers with scheduling and communications
- Provide above and beyond customer experience to parents and teachers
- Complete various reports related to our day to day operations
- Be part of something awesome and meaningful!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extremely organized, very organized and did we mention you must be organized?
- Experience with customer service, friendly and able to handle customer concerns
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, international student, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Manitoba.
- A quick learner
- A self starter
- Flexible and nimble
- Exact schedule to be determined, the position requires coverage during operating hours acting as a HelpDesk for our teachers and parents
- HelpDesk hours occur between 8 am and 9 pm CT weekdays and weekends 8 am - 3 pm CDT
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a resume and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join our team to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoot Reading strives to build an inclusive environment where all team members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. As part of this commitment, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented and excluded groups. If you require an accommodation during the selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.