Position: Contract/Part Time
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Work from Home
Are you a bilingual classroom teacher who is passionate about teaching guided reading skills and can commit to teaching 15-30 hours a week online? Do you want the opportunity to earn extra money from the comfort of your own home? We are seeking educators (active, on leave or retired) with bilingual elementary reading experience who can start work immediately.
Hoot Reading is an online education company that connects emerging readers with experienced teachers to practice guided reading aloud over the award-winning Hoot Reading App. Our lessons are one to one and are personalized to the individual child.
We are currently recruiting bilingual teachers across Canada and the United States to help young students boost their reading skills – phonemic awareness, decoding, fluency and comprehension, in English and Spanish. Our teachers will read online for 20 minutes with children from K to Gr.4 at a range of reading levels and struggling readers up to Gr. 9. Their job is to listen and provide constructive feedback in real time as the child reads out loud. The Spanish program will be offered to students in bilingual classrooms, who speak Spanish as a first language and want to strengthen their skills, or who are learning Spanish as a second language in school.
- Starting from $19/hour based on experience
- Flexibility with no commute
- We are open 8 am – 8 pm and can schedule your hours based on your availability.
- Sessions to be completed in your home. All you need is an Apple iPad 2 or higher and reliable internet service.
- Additional income available for teacher referrals or assisting with special projects
- The opportunity to participate in an innovation in educational technology that has great potential for scale.
- Be available a minimum of 12 hours a week from Monday – Friday 8 am to 8 pm and/or weekends 9 am – 3 pm.
- Preference will be given to those who can work 25+ hours per week
- Maintain a consistent schedule – Sessions are pre-scheduled
- Keep notes and provide feedback – We ask for a quick 3 minute feedback report after each session.
- Able to self motivate
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of bilingual classroom experience with preference to PreK to Gr. 4
- Passion for literacy and guided reading
- Able to read, speak and understand both English and Spanish
- Criminal records/child abuse registry check upon request
Sign up here today!